The eight candidates have been nominated by the Electoral Commission for the 2021 presidential race on second day of nomination while on first day EC managed to nominate only three candidates.
Eight more were nominated on Tuesday 3rd 2020, joining the three generals (NRM’S Yoweri Museveni, ANT’s Maj Gen Mugisha Muntu and Lt Gen Henry Tumukunde of the Renewed Uganda Platform) who made it to ballot paper yesterday on the first day of the 2-day exercise.
Final presidential candidates list:
1. Nancy Kalembe (Independent)
2. Joseph Kabuleta (Independent)
3. John Katumba (Independent)
4. Willy Mayambala (Independent)
5. Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu (National Unity Platform)
6. Yoweri Museveni (NRM)
7. Nobert Mao (Democratic Party)
8. Patrick Amuriat (Forum for Democratic Change)
9. Lt Gen (Rtd) Henry Tumukunde (Independent- under the Renewed Uganda Platform)
10. Maj Gen Mugisha Muntu (Alliance for National Transformation)
11. Fred Mwesigye (Independent)
One of those nominated today is the National Unity Platform (NUP) candidate Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine who has promised to run a people centered government where all Ugandans will fully enjoy all their freedoms.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp +256774034989