Express FC Storms Semi Finals of Uganda Cup

The Red Eagles stormed into the semi finals of the Uganda cup after taking an early lead and a very composed defensive display.

The Red Eagles made their intentions clear of getting an early lead and forced a corner in the first minute. Galiwango whipped it in and it was cleared by the BUL defense.

The ball fell to Zaga and he dribbled before passing it to Umony who made no mistake and striked low to beat Sebwalunyo in the BUL goal to give Express an early lead.

Umony tried again with only 10 minutes gone and this time his effort went wide.

No team got any further clear cut chances but there were two major injury scares for the Red Eagles.
Goal keeper Mathias Muwanga was down injured twice and received medical attention but was cleared to continue.
Umony also collided with BUL captain Jimmy Kulaba and received treatment before being cleared to continue.

The first half ended with the Red Eagles leading 1-0

With only 6 minutes gone in the second half Birungi used his blistering pace and skills and went past the BUL left back and cut back a nice ball for Umony but the striker failed to control it and it was cleared by the defense.

BUL brought on former Red Eagle Abdul Mayanja in the place of Umar Mukobe and he was booked minutes later after a foul on Express midfielder Lawrence Kigonya.

BUL had two shots before the 65th minute from a free kick and open play but the Express defense and keeper handled them well and they were not troubled at all.

Coach Sim made his first change withdrawing Zaga who was injured in the 65th minute and replaced him with Davis Mayanja adding more bodies in midfield.

Mayanja got a chance after he was released via a nice interplay by Birungi and Umony but Sebwalunyo was quick to close him down and his shot was blocked by the goal keeper and we won a corner.

Kayiwa was the next one to be released by our midfield and the outstanding Sebwalunyo again rushed off his line to close him down and saved his shot. Mayanja got a chance to rebound with the net empty but somehow failed to kick the ball after being put under pressure by the BUL defense and they cleared it away.

Kayiwa was withdrawn in the 76th minute and he was replaced by Tony Odur.